Re: [O] comma as decimal point: bug?

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] comma as decimal point: bug?
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2012 22:59:15 +0200

Hi Rainer,

Rainer Thiel <address@hidden> writes:

> I have seen that as of v. 7.9, org tables are supposed to accept
> commas as decimal points which is useful if you set up tables to be
> used in in files where continental conventions are expected to be
> followed.
>
> But I cannot see this really works.

Well, the change was purely cosmetic, accepting commas by default
will just change the way the table is aligned.  See this email by
Nicolas:

  http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/59134

But I guess it's confusing to align numbers as if they were numbers,
and to then tell the users "well, they are not really numbers."

I'm in favor of reverting this change and let the user change the
variable if he wants.

What do you - and Nicolas - think?

--
 Bastien