Re: [O] I can't make work 'startup hidestars'

From: Ashfaq
Subject: Re: [O] I can't make work 'startup hidestars'
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2012 21:18:51 +0600

On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 7:03 PM, Charles Philip Chan <address@hidden> wrote:
Ashfaq <address@hidden> writes:

> Within the host, I opened an org file with the emacs. Now it can hide
> the stars.  However, interestingly, when I ssh-ed into the host with
> 'putty' and opened the same file with emacs, it shows the stars.

Do they have different colour backgrounds? Hide star is really just a
hack by setting the stars to the same colour as the background.

They have different background colors. putty has black background. But the emacs application in Ubuntu has white background. Can it be hacked into again? :-)

--
Sincerely,
Ashfaq