Re: [O] Problems with diacritics in Mountain Lion + Org Mode

From: Moritz Ulrich
Subject: Re: [O] Problems with diacritics in Mountain Lion + Org Mode
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2012 01:27:49 +0200

Bastien writes:

> Hi Pierfranco,
>
> Pierfranco Minsenti <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> What should I do to check which version of Emacs is charged when I
>> use the Terminal application?
>
> M-x emacs-version RET
> M-x org-version RET
>
> I'm not a Mac user, but I'm pretty sure ~$ emacs from the Terminal
> is *not* linked to the Aquamacs executable.
>
> I don't know what is the equivalent to "~$ emacs -Q" for launching
> a bare Aquamacs instance, but maybe for now just remove any .emacs.el
> and see if the problem comes from your configuration?

Just confirming your assumption:

Emacs in terminal usually doesn't link to Aquamacs.app.

address@hidden ~ % /usr/bin/emacs --version
GNU Emacs 22.1.1

Pretty old. (I'm on Lion, not Mountain Lion, but I don't think there's a
difference)

Aquamacs itself is pretty horrible. It breaks so many things from Emacs.
I'd suggest moving to Emacs.app, installed via Homebrew or downloaded
from http://emacsformacosx.com/

Homebrew will take care of linking emacs to /usr/local/bin/, the .app
from the website won't.

--
Moritz Ulrich