[O] Wrong indentation with auto-fill within lists ?

From: Sébastien Delafond
Subject: [O] Wrong indentation with auto-fill within lists ?
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 09:08:40 +0000 (UTC)

Hi fellows,

do you feel this is an actual org-mode bug (reported in Debian,
#685348) ?

  When I start a list like
    * List
       1. a very long item 1, so long that it reaches into the right margin
       2. item 2
  and I have auto-fill-mode turned on, the first item is split into two or more
  lines as
    * List
       1. a very long item 1, so long that
        it reaches into the right margin
       2. item 2
  The problem is that the second line of the first item is no longer part of the
  list! I expected the line to be split with additional spaces as
   * List
       1. a very long item 1, so long that
           it reaches into the right margin
       2. item 2
  so that item 1 is an ordinary item with two lines. This is annoying, as it is
  not easy (or I haven't found yet) a simple way to indent correctly that second
  line. A simple <TAB> doesn't work, so I have to move to the beginning of the
  line and add a couple of spaces. Furthermore, this used to work with emacs-23
  and its support for org-mode until I installed the package org-mode. (I
  installed the package to get the info documentation).

  Sorry if this is not a bug and this odd behavior can be configured away, but I
  couldn't find how.

Cheers,

--Seb