Re: [O] mobile-org, webdav, can't push (password not accepted)

From: Adam Spiers
Subject: Re: [O] mobile-org, webdav, can't push (password not accepted)
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2012 23:32:20 +0100

Hi James,

On Sun, Jul 15, 2012 at 8:18 PM, James Harkins <address@hidden> wrote:
> At Sat, 14 Jul 2012 12:05:16 -0400,
> James Harkins wrote:
>>
>> Hi, I need a little help with mobile-org and webdav. (I need to use webdav
>> because I live year-round in China, and the last time I tried, dropbox was
>> not accessible from the mainland. In any case, I prefer to keep the data
>> local.)
>
> Okay... the original question isn't "solved" (webdav server is still not
> working) but I did just discover that MobileOrg for android supports Ubuntu
> One as an alternative to dropbox. I don't see any coverage online about that
> service being blocked in China (whereas there are tons of stories about
> dropbox), so I guess it's going to be okay. (If not, that would cause a bit
> of panic as I look for an alternative...)
>
> It would be worth an update to the manual to list the other sync options.
> "Dropbox or WebDAV" sent me on a wild goose chase.

I already provided an answer to this issue on your stackoverflow
question but I'm not sure you noticed:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11486719/orgmode-cant-authenticate-to-webdav-for-mobile-org-push/11974188#11974188

I'm pretty sure you're getting confused between ssh and webDAV
passwords.  I agree that with the docstrings as they are, this is a
very easy mistake to make.