Re: [O] auto-push to mobile (but only when editing org buffer)

From: Ken Mankoff
Subject: Re: [O] auto-push to mobile (but only when editing org buffer)
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 15:53:07 -0700

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 2:54 PM, Ken Mankoff <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Marcel,
>
> On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 12:33 AM, Marcel van der Boom <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Perhaps you will find https://gist.github.com/3111823 interesting. It
>> contains a bit of code to do the org-mobile-push asynchronously (and
>> notify me about it when done). This makes the push work in the
>> background, in my case it can take quite a while, and not interfere
>> with normal usage.
>>

> That is a very useful snippet. Thank you for sharing.
>
>    -k.

It took a bit of work to get that snippet working on my system, but it
works well now. On the flip side, the following watches for incoming
changes and automagically calls org-mobile-pull when needed...

;; http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3456782/emacs-lisp-how-to-monitor-ch$
(defun install-monitor (file secs)
  (run-with-timer
   0 secs
   (lambda (f p)
     (unless (< p (second (time-since (elt (file-attributes f) 5))))
       ;(message "File %s changed!" f)))
       (org-mobile-pull)))
   file secs))
(defvar monitor-timer (install-monitor "~/Dropbox/MobileOrg/mobileorg.org"$
  "Check if file changed every 30 s.")

  -k.