[O] Elint

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: [O] Elint
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 22:30:15 +0200

Here's what my investigations into the elint make target(s) have dug up
so far…

I've increased max-specpdl-size and max-lisp-eval-depth by more than a
factor of ten.  Emacs will now eat a good deal of memory, and a few
errors have been dodged this way, but whenever elint encounters
cal-menu, Emacs falls into a rabbit hole (and will even segfault if the
limits are increased too far) and I don't trust anything that happens
after that.

Also, elint seems to habitually refuse to expand cl macros, although I'm
not yet sure if that is a principle limitation of elint or if the tricky
load structure that the cl package is using is throwing it off.  If the
latter, I might be able to preload all the cl stuff into elint and avoid
those errors.

If anybody has an idea on how to deal with these two problems, please
chime in.

Regards,
Achim.

Samples for the Waldorf Blofeld: