Re: [O] stable links to gnus messages?

From: Alan Schmitt
Subject: Re: [O] stable links to gnus messages?
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 11:21:31 +0200

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Alan,
>
> Alan Schmitt <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I'm starting to play with org-store-link, and I've noticed that if I
>> create a link to a gnus message, this link will be broken if I move the
>> message to another mailbox. Is it possible to have a stable link that
>> would survive such a move?
>
> You might want to use gnus-registry and the nnregistry backend.

Thanks, that worked great. The only part I'm still trying to figure out
is to find in which group the mail is in (nnregistry is finding it, and
displaying it, but the modeline mentions the old group and not the one
where the message has been moved to). I guess this is also why
displaying the thread does not work.

For the record, here is the settings I've used:

#+begin_src elisp
;; Registry, to allow the finding of messages
;; From
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/gnus/The-Gnus-Registry.html#The-Gnus-Registry

(setq
 gnus-registry-split-strategy 'majority
 gnus-registry-ignored-groups '(("Junk" t)
                                ("TrainSpam" t)
                                ("notmuch" t)
                                ("Trash" t)
                                ("Chats" t)
                                ("Contacts" t)
                                ("Emailed Contacts" t)
                                ("Notes" t))
 gnus-registry-max-entries nil
 ;; this is the default
 gnus-registry-track-extra '(sender subject))

(gnus-registry-initialize)

(setq gnus-refer-article-method
      '(current
        (nnregistry)))