Re: [O] Org Build System (aka Makefile)

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] Org Build System (aka Makefile)
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 11:42:16 +0000 (UTC)

Bastien <bzg <at> gnu.org> writes:
> Please give me an example of a warning that is shown while compiling
> within a single Emacs process and not shown while compiling files with
> one Emacs process per file.

I don't know if something like that currently exists, if you want to check set
_COMPILE_=slint2 and compare the outputs of the three passes.  I doubt there is,
since the in-process compilation should be clean on current Git master.

Conceivably, you could have a defconst in file1 and the same symbol as a defvar
with initial value in file2, no requires in either file.  If you now compile
them in the order file1 and file2, you will get a warning when compiling in a
single process, but not when you compile them in isolation.  If they were both
defvars w/ initialization, you'd never get a warning even though it is still
wrong and the result at runtime depends on which file gets loaded first.

Regards,
Achim.