Re: [O] Org agenda and recent files list....

From: Robert Goldman
Subject: Re: [O] Org agenda and recent files list....
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 15:39:26 -0500

On 8/10/12 Aug 10 -2:21 AM, Bastien wrote:
> Robert Goldman <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> ;;;---------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> ;;; Agenda files shouldn't get entries in the recentf-list
>> ;;;---------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Knowing about `recentf-exclude' will certainly help many users,
> not only for excluding Org files.
>
> Thanks,

For what it's worth, a more fine-grained alternative would be to get
inside org-get-agenda-file-buffer and inhibit the recentf caching while
calling find-file inside there.

That would allow you to have an agenda file appear in the recent files
list IF it was opened through a manual use of find-file, but NOT if it
was opened as a side effect of loading an agenda.

This more fine-grained approach was a little more work than I wanted to
do, and didn't necessarily provide me a lot more value, so I didn't
bother with it.  But someone else might find it worth coding up.  Chacun
à son org configuration!

Cheers,