Re: [O] [Orgmode] Re: contact management in org-mode?

From: Jose E. Marchesi
Subject: Re: [O] [Orgmode] Re: contact management in org-mode?
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2012 13:31:52 +0200

    - GNU recutils - plain text database, avail. in Debian et al.
    http://www.gnu.org/software/recutils

    - http://www.nongnu.org/addressbook
    From the author of recutils but abandoned. Elisp, like lbdb but uses vcard3
    format. Would be wonderful if somebody would update to [vx]card4.

I still use abook.el to manage my contacts.

But the emacs mode to edit recfiles (rec-mode) is being improved a lot
lately, and soon it will provide a much better user interface than
abook, only more general.  That is why I am not working on abook.el any
further.

You can try the latest recutils+rec-mode by cloning
git://git.savannah.gnu.org/recutils.git

--
Jose E. Marchesi         http://www.jemarch.net
GNU Project              http://www.gnu.org