Re: [O] starting value for ordered lists?

From: Jonathan Leech-Pepin
Subject: Re: [O] starting value for ordered lists?
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2012 15:03:25 -0400

Hello,

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 2:24 PM, Matt Price <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> in the org manual (http://orgmode.org/manual/Plain-lists.html) i read that I
> can start an ordered list at a particular number using an address@hidden
> syntax:
>
> If you want a list to start with a different value (e.g. 20), start the text
> of the item with address@hidden Those constructs can be used in any item of
> the
> list in order to enforce a particular numbering.
>
> I think I'm not understanding somehting though, as if I try this:
>
> address@hidden thirteenth item

The address@hidden syntax has to come after the list item and before the item's
text.  The following was created using Alt+Enter on each line, and
typing the content, the numbers automatically recalculate when you
create the next entry with Alt+Enter.

#+begin_src org
  1. Test item 1
  3. address@hidden Item 3
  4.
  10. address@hidden Item 10
  11.
#+end_src

> org doesn't seem to recognize the line as a list item.  I'm running a pretty
> recent org 7.8.11 from git.  I'm sure I'm just reading the manual wrong --
> any hints? thanks
> Matt

Regards,

--