Re: [O] [Orgmode] Re: contact management in org-mode?

From: Thomas Koch
Subject: Re: [O] [Orgmode] Re: contact management in org-mode?
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2012 14:04:23 +0200

Russell Adams:
> Thus I pose the question: What is a valid contact manager for a
> console-mode user with sync, fast searching and update?

Hallo Russell,

I'm also searching for a contact manager since ages. What I want to try when
I've time (tm):

- GNU recutils - plain text database, avail. in Debian et al.
http://www.gnu.org/software/recutils

- http://www.nongnu.org/addressbook
From the author of recutils but abandoned. Elisp, like lbdb but uses vcard3
format. Would be wonderful if somebody would update to [vx]card4.

- Postgresql on the Desktop
After having worked with Hadoop and looked into other NoSQL systems I'd like
to have a closer look at old SQL stuff again. MySQL vulgarized me.

...But wouldn't it be better to use something semantic for contact management?

Regards,

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro