Re: [O] Fwd: Export to Texinfo

From: Jonathan Leech-Pepin
Subject: Re: [O] Fwd: Export to Texinfo
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 09:30:02 -0400

Hello,

On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 4:41 AM, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Jonathan Leech-Pepin <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Nested lists do work with only a small issue I can see at the moment,
>> if there are no blank lines between the items in org there are none in
>> the info file either, however there are 2 blank lines at the end of
>> the nested list (end of nested list+end of parent item).
>
> By default, Org export preserves the number of blank lines during
> conversion.  If no blank line separates two elements in the Org buffer,
> no blank line will separate their transcoded version.
>
> You can change this by using filters.  For example "md" back-end
> enforces at least one blank line between elements (see
> `org-md-separate-elements') and "e-ascii" back-end normalizes the number
> of blank lines after an headline (see
> `org-e-ascii-filter-headline-blank-lines').
>
> Filters are installed by :filters-alist keyword in
> `org-export-define-backend' and `org-export-define-derived-backend'.

I thought I'd set it to normalize (set a filter similar to the
one in org-e-ascii), but I must have gotten some part not quite
right.  I'll look it over again.

>> When I export the attached .org file the only difference I get from
>> your .texi is the AUTHOR and the chapter/sections are numbered rather
>> than unnumbered (and the level 4 headline is an enumerate rather than
>> an itemize).
>
> Ideally, for "listified" headlines, list type (ordered or not) should be
> determined by `org-export-numbered-headline-p' predicate.

They do follow the numbered/unnumbered settings.  When I exported
every headline (listified or otherwise) was numbered, in
Bastien's example they were all unnumbered, so it was consistent.

> Regards,
>
> --
> Nicolas Goaziou

Regards,