Re: [O] Managing Images with Org-mode?

From: Karl Voit
Subject: Re: [O] Managing Images with Org-mode?
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2012 22:02:02 +0200

* Karl Eichwalder <address@hidden> wrote:
> Bastien <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>>     http://www.flickr.com/photos/keichwa/7649891572
>> Looks nice.
>>
>> How did you put the thumbnails in the Org mode file?
>
> Once I understood the differences between "inline images" (images
> without a description) and "linked images", it was easy:
>
>     [[file:path_to_inline_image__thumbnail.png]]

Inspired by your posting, I wrote this short yasnippet in case I
want to use something similar in future:

,----[ ~/.snippets/tls ]
| name : Insert a table with files of a folder including links
| # --
| #+BEGIN_SRC sh
| PATTERN='${1:*.jpg}'
| MYFOLDER='${2:$HOME/}'
| cd \${MYFOLDER}; MYPWD=\`pwd\`; for file in \`ls -1 \${PATTERN}\`; do echo
'-[['\$MYPWD'/'\$file']]'; done
| #+END_SRC
`----

Obviously, this does not work this way with Windows.

There might be room for improvement - please follow up if you
optimized it :-)

One thing: the dash in front of the '[[' is mandatory. Well, it does
not need to be a dash though. Any other normal character (non-empty,
not space) works as well. I did not quite understand why and did not
pay further attention.

The script above results in an Org-mode *table*. To me this was a
minor issue.

Related to this topic: C-c C-x C-v (org-toggle-inline-images) is of
interest for you. On a per-file-basis this is: #+STARTUP inlineimages

--
Karl Voit