Re: [O] Getting source code to work

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Getting source code to work
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2012 15:11:59 -0400

Mark Stoehr <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,  I'm trying to include python source code in my document and I'm
> finding that org-babel-execute-buffer ( as well as C-c C-c at the end
> of a code block) does not successfully run my code, instead I get an
> error "Invalid function: org-save-outline-visibility".  I saw messages
> earlier
>
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/28048/focus=28049
>
> regarding an apparently similar problem but my understanding of emacs
> lisp is insufficient for me to make sense of it.  My program:
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC python
> print "Hello World"
> return 1+2
> #+END_SRC
>

> I also have trouble getting tangle to work. With the following problem
>

> #+BEGIN_SRC python :tangle yes
> print "Hello World"
> return 1+2
> #+END_SRC
>
> both C-c C-v t and M-x org-babel-tangle fail saying that 0 blocks have
> been tangled.  I also tried the examples with the #+BEGIN_SRC and
> #+END_SRC being in lowercase and that didn't change anything.

Cannot reproduce either problem: the code block produces a

#+RESULTS:
: 3

and the tangle says:

tangled 1 code block from mark-stoehr.org

Nick

Version info:

Org-mode version 7.8.11 (release_7.8.11-260-ga15b7d @
/home/nick/elisp/org-mode/lisp/)
(includes a few local commits)

GNU Emacs 24.1.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.4) of
2012-07-28