Re: [Orgmode] Help with agenda-custom commands

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Help with agenda-custom commands
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 07:16:41 +0200

Hi Paul,

On Sep 25, 2008, at 1:16 AM, Paul Holcomb wrote:

I'm pretty new to elisp and I'm having difficulty figuring out how
to implement two things in org-agenda-custom-commands:

*) Is there a simple way to construct an agenda view that:
 -shows all past scheduled events for one TODO keyword only
 -skips for all others

The only way I could figure out it could work is to write a large
org-agenda-skip function that explicitly looks at subtrees and
duplicates the org-scheduled-past-days check code.

Unless I'm mistaken a block view won't work because the value of
org-scheduled-past-days is local to the agenda command and not each
block inside of it.

I have not tested this, but you might be able to use the general tags/property/todo matcher
on `C-c a m' like this:

SCHEDULED<"<today>"/!+MYTODOKEYWORD

*) Using a defconst symbol or function that evaluates to a stringp
in place of an actual string in for the match field.

ex:
     ("A" ""  tags-todo 'org-pah-todo-exclude nil nil)

          (type-of org-pah-todo-exclude)
       ==> stringp

 I also tried using concat and format for that argument.  The error
 is always:

 Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument stringp (quote org-pah-todo-exclude))
   string-match("/+" (quote org-pah-todo-exclude))
   org-make-tags-matcher((quote org-pah-todo-exclude))
   org-tags-view((4) (quote org-pah-todo-exclude))

 It seems like the evaluation order is at fault, but I couldn't get further.

indeed, currently the match entry is not evaluated.  I guess we could do that, but it would involve changing several functions.  I would need a convincing use case before I invest the time.  How would you want to use this?

- Carsten