[Orgmode] Re: how to change the set of agenda org files between custom a

From: Dan Griswold
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: how to change the set of agenda org files between custom agenda commands
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 22:54:49 -0400

Rainer Stengele <address@hidden> writes:

> Dan, thank you. I somehow does and doesn't.
> After using the command I get the "private" entries.
> After using another command analogous to this it seems I cannot reset
> the org-agenda-files variable. Looks like it only adds files to it?
> I played around a lot but could not get it to function as wanted.
>
> Anyway, the syntax is quite complex.
> I wonder if some more examples for changing agenda files when
> executing custom commands would be helpful.
> Anyone else who wants to see Agenden at home from different sets of
> agenda files?
>
> Rainer

Rainer,

I came across the variable org-finalize-agenda-hook, which is "run
just before displaying an agenda buffer."

So, maybe something like this in your configuration will work:

(defun rs-reset-agenda-files ()
  "Set org-agenda-files to my default values"
  (interactive)
  (setq org-agenda-files ; the following are examples, of course
        (quote
         ("~/org/PUBLIK/work1.org"
          "~/org/PUBLIK/work2.org"
          "~/org/PUBLIK/work3.org"))))

(add-hook 'org-finalize-agenda-hook 'rs-reset-agenda-files)

What I think might then happen is that, after you run agenda custom
command kP, the variable org-agenda-files will be reset to the default
value.

Maybe?

Dan

--