[Orgmode] Mairix & Mutt

From: Russell Adams
Subject: [Orgmode] Mairix & Mutt
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 23:58:54 -0500

Tonight I cobbled together a quick hack to let me store links from an
external mutt session directly into Org as a link via paste from the X
windows paste buffer.

I thought I would share. Documentation is in the comment header of the
script.

The workflow goes like this:

 - Reading email in Mutt, in index or pager
 - Trigger script via M-o in Mutt
 - Middle-click into my org-mode buffer pasting the link
 - Later visit the link and execute mairix to find message by ID
 - In current Mutt session, use M-` to jump to search folder and read
   message

Attached is the perl script which generates the link and populates the
paste buffer via xclip. It occurred to me I might be able to use
org-mairix.el and use a mairix style link instead of an exec, but this
suffices for the time being.

Enjoy!

Russell Adams                            address@hidden