Re: [Orgmode] Top-level headers in org-sparse-tree

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Top-level headers in org-sparse-tree
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 18:18:17 +0200

Hi Iris,

Org considers the version of the file with only top-levels shown as the most folded version and does not provide commands that will hide these.

If the sparse tree exposes an entry deep in the hierarchy, it will also show the entire headline hierarchy above it. In another reply to your message, Giovanni has pointed out correctly that the variable org- show-hierarchy-above can be used to turn off this feature. However, the top-level headlines are always excluded from this, they are always visible. Maybe you have set up your file in a way that each project is a top-level headline? A way out would then be to demote all these to level two under a top-level headline "Projects" or so. If you then turn off `org-show-hierarchy-above', maybe you will get closer to the view you did expect.

HTH

- Carsten