Re: [Orgmode] information/feature request: org analog to latex \descript

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] information/feature request: org analog to latex \description environment
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 08:46:48 +0200

On Sep 10, 2008, at 12:19 AM, Eric Schulte wrote:

Sebastian Rose <address@hidden> writes:

,----
| first term: and it's definition
| second: and it's definition
`----

How should Org distinguish those colons from other colons?

yes, I suppose the double colons you show below would be required

would be much preferable to what I currently often find myself doing
which is

,----
| - *first term*: and it's definition
| - *second*: and it's definition
`----

This is what I did too :-) I even wrote a little little elisp function
to do this for me. But since a few weeks there is:

 - Term1 :: description (try to press ALT-RET here)
 - Term2 :: description (try to press ALT-RET here)

However, this syntax is only supported by the HTML backend, not by the LaTeX backend yet.... :-(

- Carsten