Fwd: [Orgmode] Re: [bug]x2 #+BEGIN_EXAMPLE can not work and #+BEGIN_SRC

From: S . P . Tseng
Subject: Fwd: [Orgmode] Re: [bug]x2 #+BEGIN_EXAMPLE can not work and #+BEGIN_SRC indent error
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 08:57:41 +0800

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: S. P. Tseng <address@hidden>
Date: Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 8:53 AM
To: Carsten Dominik <address@hidden>

> Well, I am confused.
>
>> I never want to let the indentation function in Org apply to the entire file.
>
> This was statement 1.
>

>> The key '<tab>' default bind to functon 'org-cycle'. For example I press 'C-c ''
>> in side SRC block as below, and edit, you know they can ident correctly and
>> press 'C-c '' to back. Move cursor to line 4, press the TAB key, now the first
>> "(" will auto move to the beginning of the line so I say indent will not be
>> right.
>>
>> What I mean is when the cursor in side SRC block, press '<tab>' key do nothin.
>> So I can write a function to indent the entire file.
>
> And this was statement 2, seems to be the exact oposite. What am I
> misunderstading?

In statement 1, I meant "I never want to let the indentation function *in Org*
apply to the entire file".

In statement 2, I meant "The function to indent the entire file can be writed
*by USER*, only if Org-mode's indentation function do nothing when current line
is in SRC block."

The indentation function Statement 1 is to Org-mode.
The indentation function Statement 2 is to user's.
Are they oposite?

> Anyway, the parsing effort to figure out if we are in a SRC or EXAMPLE region
> is not negligible, and it would burden the indentation function and make it slow.

I have readed the source of funcion 'org-edit-special', that's right the parsing
effort to figure out if we are is a SRC block or not cost too much. But I still
think it's worth. In face, I turned from muse, and muse is do like that.