Re: [Orgmode] Deadlines with Time

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Deadlines with Time
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 17:10:53 +0200

Hi Florian,

On Aug 2, 2008, at 12:43 AM, Florian Beck wrote:

Hi,

sometimes I want to specify a deadline with a certain time.

Without a time, there is no problem. The deadline shows up a couple of
times earlier, which is fine.

However, when I specify a time like
 DEADLINE: <2008-08-04 Mon 16:00>

this shows up in the daily agenda of Saturday like this:

              8:00...... ----------------
             10:00...... ----------------
             12:00...... ----------------
             14:00...... ----------------
             16:00...... ----------------
 Plan:       16:00...... In   2 d.:  TODO Some Task

This is not helpful, it does not belong in the timetable for today. I
want the task to show up in the agenda view, just not in the timetable.
How can I accomplish that?

This is a bug, and it is fixed now.  Thanks for the report.

Also, there is a bug when I add a timestamp to the task:

* TODO Some Task <2008-08-02 Sat 14:00>
 DEADLINE: <2008-08-04 Mon 16:00>

This is displayed thusly in the agenda view (note the wrong time on the
second occurance):

 Plan:       14:00...... TODO Some Task
 Plan:       14:00...... In   2 d.:  TODO Some Task

This one is kind of hard to fix, so please live with it or move timestamps for such cases into the body of the entry, not into the heading.

HTH

- Carsten