Re: [Orgmode] Re: diary integration

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: diary integration
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 09:03:45 +0200

On Sep 2, 2008, at 11:12 PM, Richard G Riley wrote:

Richard G Riley <address@hidden> writes:

I keep all diary stuff in an org file. I have turned off including the
external .diary file into org.

However my .diary file (which feeds the calendar) looks like:

&%%(org-diary)
Oct 13, 2008 hello

Should anniversaries (bbdb) and todos etc not be hilited in the calendar as
"hello" above is?

Aargh. I had the "&" there - removing it and including

(require 'diary-lib)
(add-hook 'diary-display-hook 'fancy-diary-display)

in my init file solved the problem. Its very slow though and I dont have
that many scheduled items.

Well, it makes the agenda for 91-92 different days (3 months), this will always be slow.
The marking mechanism in the diary work by calling all functions for each date visible in the calendar.

- Carsten