[Orgmode] Gnus nnimap links

From: Ross Patterson
Subject: [Orgmode] Gnus nnimap links
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 11:44:48 -0700

I find that my org-mode links to Gnus articles are very unstable, often
breaking.  Specifically, a link to an article will work when created and
later be broken.

Almost all the links I make to Gnus articles are to articles in an
nnimap backend connecting to a local dovecot IMAP server that is synced
with the remote dovecot IMAP server using OfflineIMAP.  I don't know if
its at all specific to nnimap or OfflineIMAPI.  IOW, since the problem
is intermittent and I don't link to many articles with other backends,
the fact that I've only run into this problem with this stack doesn't
mean it doesn't occur for a different stack.

Has anyone run into this or a related problem?  Does anyone have any
suggestions for where I might start looking.

Ross