Re: [Orgmode] Re: Suggest changing git repo on website to refer to git p

From: Dan Davison
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Suggest changing git repo on website to refer to git protocol
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 21:19:29 +0100

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 10:31:05PM +0530, Manish wrote:
>   On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 9:49 PM, Alan E. Davis wrote:
>
>   [snip]
>
>   > I trust he will not resent my posting here his instructions
>
> Absolutely not.  I am glad it was of some use. :)
>
> One of the best introductions to Git (by none other than John
> Wiegley) can be found here:
> http://www.newartisans.com/blog_files/git.from.bottom.up.php

Well I've started reading that pdf, and it looks like it's going to be
a good read... But before I go to far, seeing as we're on this topic,
would someone mind saying a few words about git versus other version
control systems? I know nothing about any of them, but have been
meaning to learn how to version control directories trees containing
e.g. org and source code files.

Thanks,

Dan

p.s. That's OK for this list right? Not too off topic?