Re: [Orgmode] Using a Square box character for "TODO" and "DONE" states

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Using a Square box character for "TODO" and "DONE" states in org?
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 10:16:21 -0700

On Jul 18, 2008, at 10:14 AM, Jose Robins wrote:

I was just thinking today that instead of using "TODO" and "DONE" keywords in org-mode to denote tasks, why not use a square box character (like in task manager apps) to denote a TODO state and a square box with a tick to denote a completed state... That would make the tasks look more intuitive...

Since I'm only superficially familiar with UTF and issues with character sets, could someone suggest a method on how to achieve this? I guess, I should be able to copy and paste this character in a customize buffer, right? Any issues with this?

You can use any characters if you also tell the syntax table that these are word characters.

- Carsten