[Orgmode] Re: Export the org spreadsheet into a tab seperated text file

From: Csányi Pál
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Export the org spreadsheet into a tab seperated text file
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 00:25:06 +0200

> On Jul 12, 2008, at 1:41 AM, Csányi Pál wrote:
>
>> Bernt Hansen <address@hidden> writes:

>>> Yes it's easy.  Put the pointer on the table and M-x org-table-export
>>> Export table to: /tmp/some-table.txt
>>> Format: orgtbl-to-tsv
>>
>> OK it works but only for one org table at a time.
>>
>> But what to do if I have an org file with more than one table with
>> different columns x rows and between these tables moreover I have some
>> text, like the follows:
>>
>> [options]
>>
>> Here is an org tabe.
>>
>> [pins]
>>
>> Here is an org tabe.
>>
>> etc.
>>
>> Can I export in org mode the whole file with these tables end texts
>> mixed this way in to one Tab separated text file? (Tab separated only
>> where was an org table so in this example abowe in tab separated text
>> file there should to get two places with tab separated rows that
>> contain datas taken from the tables.)?
>

> No, you cannot.  What would be the application for this?

If I would get the tab separated text file from org tables, then I
would be to run on it the tragesym python script. Tragesym can to make
from this tab separated text file an electric symbol for gEDA suite.

http://geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:tragesym_readme

However, I can now to send an org table within org file to tab
separated lines. I run orgtbl-send-table on every org-table in the org
file.

After that I can to run on this org file tragesym, but get an error
message in some circumstances. If I edit one table in this org file so
that I put '#' character at start of every line then I get the
electric symbol file when run tragesym on the org file. If I leave the
file unedited then I get error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/geda-0.0.2/bin/.scripts/tragesym.py", line 586, in <module>
    opts,attr,pins=readsrc(file_in)
  File "/usr/local/geda-0.0.2/bin/.scripts/tragesym.py", line 143, in readsrc
    geda_attr[(string.strip(element[0]),nr)]=string.strip(element[1])
IndexError: list index out of range

But this is maybe the issue for the geda news group:

gmane.comp.cad.geda.user

The file with edited lines that don't cause this error because of '#'
characters at beginning of the lines is attached here..

Without these '#' characters at the '[geda_attr]' org table I get the
error message: IndexError: list index out of range

This is maybe a tragesym bug..

Any advices will be appreciated!

--
Regards, Paul Csanyi