Re: [Orgmode] Weekday repeaters, and filtering scheduled tasks.

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Weekday repeaters, and filtering scheduled tasks.
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 10:47:43 -0700

On Jul 2, 2008, at 10:38 AM, Manish wrote:

 On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 4:57 AM, Carsten Dominik wrote:

On Jun 26, 2008, at 8:28 PM, Manish wrote:

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 8:30 AM, Avdi Grimm wrote:

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 10:55 PM, Manish wrote:

I do not understand this one.

I'm looking for the combination of *all* of those conditions
in one agenda view. In other words, I want to see all the
NEXT items which are either unscheduled or due today; but I
don't want to see any items which are scheduled in the
future.

Carsten,

May I request some more pre-defined conditions when using
org-agenda-skip-* functions e.g. due and not due, optionally
accepting a date+time to compare against (using current date and
time as default)?  Hope this makes sense.

-- Manish

Hi Manish, I have not done so yet for the skipping mechanism. But I have just implemented time comparisons for property searches. For example:

 +DEADLINE<"<2008-07-01>"
 +DEADLINE>="<now>"
 +DEADLINE>"<today>"
 +SCHEDULED>="<2008-07-01>"+SCHEDULED<="<2008-07-05>"

I guess this should go a long way....

Thank you very much.

I have a question though:

,----[ from org.texi ]
| +If the comparison value is enclosed in double quotes @emph{and} angular | +brackets (like @samp{DEADLINE<="<2008-12-24 18:30>"}), both values are | +assumed to be date/time specifications in the standard Org address@hidden | +only special values that will be recognized are @samp{"<now>"} for now, and | address@hidden"<today"} today at 0:00 hours, i.e. without a time specification.}, and
| +the comparison will be done accordingly.
`----

So when I say DEADLINE<="<today>" and if the deadline has a
timestamp ( < current time ), then it will not be listed.  Is my
understanding correct?  I wonder if "<today>" should not be
better pegged at 23:59 of today's date?

which would fail if you did DEADLINE>="<today>"

There is not good solution for this. <today> uses the date without a time, in order to provide for comparison with deadline dates that are only a date, not a time. If your deadlines have times associated with them, better use a date and time explicitly. I could provide yesterday and tomorrow, maybe....

- Carsten

-- Manish