Re: [Orgmode] Re: Org-mode 4.69

From: Jason F. McBrayer
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Org-mode 4.69
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 11:21:26 -0400

> Thank you very much, but this is a bit tricky, so maybe I should do
> this.

I'd guess it would be better for you to do it.  I had a look at what
would be involved, and a working change would touch a lot more places
in the file than I thought it would, and I don't feel confident that
I'd get it right.

> If you send me a complex patch, we need to get your papers with the
> FSF first, or I cannot install the fixes into Emacs.  I already have
> the papers from David and Piotr, so if you plan to contribute code
> in the future, maybe we should go ahead and do this.

Why don't we wait until I actually contribute something useful ;)

> There is one difference.  When everything is in one line, I'd expect
> C-c C-t to reach these states.  When they are in different lines,
> you will need C-S-right to get to them.  Both ways have their
> advantages.  I guess for a special state like CANCELED, a separate
> sequence would be good, but I can imagine cases where one would
> like different ways of saying an entry is done.

I'm not sure what would be better.  But this reminds me that we need a
tty compatibility binding for org-shiftcontrolright and
org-shiftcontrolleft.

| Jason F. McBrayer                    address@hidden  |
| If someone conquers a thousand times a thousand others in |
| battle, and someone else conquers himself, the latter one |
| is the greatest of all conquerors.  --- The Dhammapada    |