Re: [Orgmode] Re: Org-mode 4.69

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Org-mode 4.69
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 14:59:25 +0100

On Mar 22, 2007, at 0:28, Jason F. McBrayer wrote:

On Wed, 2007-03-21 at 23:21 +0100, Carsten Dominik wrote:

On Mar 21, 2007, at 15:27, Jason F. McBrayer wrote:

All I really need it for is multiple DONE states (e.g. COMPLETED
vs. CANCELLED).  The current implementation works okay for that,
though it's somewhat overkill.

Not so bad, maybe:

#+SEQ_TODO: TODO DONE
#+SEQ_TODO: RESOLVED
#+SEQ_TODO: CANCELLED

I would like to see this settable in lisp, though, since I want to use
my TODO keywords all across my GTD system rather than different ones in
different files.  I can probably try to put together a patch to do this
tomorrow, just so that I'm not kibitzing without offering code.

Thank you very much, but this is a bit tricky, so maybe I should do this.
If you send me a complex patch, we need to get your papers with the FSF
first, or I cannot install the fixes into Emacs. I already have the papers from David and Piotr, so if you plan to contribute code in the future, maybe
we should go ahead and do this.

Or maybe this should actually be like this:?

#+SEQ_TODO: TODO | DONE RESOLVED CANCELLED

I don't think an extra syntax would be too worthwhile.  If you're
already setting TODO keywords in the file itself, three lines vs. one
line is not a big deal.

There is one difference.  When everything is in one line, I'd expect
C-c C-t to reach these states.  When they are in different lines,
you will need C-S-right to get to them.  Both ways have their
advantages.  I guess for a special state like CANCELED, a separate
sequence would be good, but I can imagine cases where one would
like different ways of saying an entry is done.

- Carsten