[Orgmode] 4.69 and Multiple TODO Sequences in a file

From: Rick Moynihan
Subject: [Orgmode] 4.69 and Multiple TODO Sequences in a file
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 10:53:06 +0000

Wow! Barely a week from submitting the idea, and it's implemented in org-mode! This is great!

A minor issue I have with the implementation is that it if you have enabled:

#+STARTUP: lognotestate

org-mode will prompt you for a note when transitioning between different sequences in addition to when cycling through a specific sequence.

I can imagine there may be situations where you would want to be able to hop between sequences, and log the notestates as you do. However I'd like to ONLY be prompted for a note when transitioning within a sequence e.g with the following sequences:

#+SEQ_TODO: TODO DONE
#+SEQ_TODO: BUGREPORT BUG KNOWNCAUSE RESOLVED
#+SEQ_TODO: FEATUREREQUEST APPROVED IMPLEMENTED

When transitioning from TODO -> DONE or from BUGREPORT -> BUG etc (with M-left/right), I'd like to be prompted for a note, but when cycling through TODO -> BUGREPORT -> FEATUREREQUEST (with C-M-left/right) I'd like there to be no prompting or logging.

I'm guessing this would be the behavior most people would expect, and a reasonable default with a variable to allow logging of transitions between sequences. Though I might be wrong :)

Anyway, thanks a million for implementing multiple sequences!

R.