Re: [Orgmode] Feature in org-move-item-down

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Feature in org-move-item-down
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 08:11:08 +0100

On Mar 17, 2007, at 4:15, Mike Newman wrote:

It appears org-move-item-down treats blank lines as part of the
preceding list item (whereas I use them to separate a list from
subsequent text).

So given

- a test
- b test
- c test

test

with point on line b, M-x org-move-item-down gives
- a test
- c test

- b test
test

The problem with is this is following. Suppose I made the item end before the
empty line, as you suggest.  Then consider the following case:

- a test

- b test

- c test

If I now move "b" up, I get

- b test
- a test

- c test

I don't think there is a good solution to this problem - if you
know one, I would be interested.

- Carsten