Re: [Orgmode] Creating prioritized todo list from GTD project/next actio

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Creating prioritized todo list from GTD project/next action list
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 10:13:25 +0100

Hi Scott,

"Scott Jaderholm" <address@hidden> writes:

> I've tried tagging TODOs with :today:, but you can't reorder them in the
> agenda match tag window. What I normally do now is schedule the TODOs for
> today and then I archive them in the agenda view with $ to complete
> them. The biggest problem with this is that I can't reorder the scheduled
> TODOs to reflect the priority or order in which I want to do them, and I
> clutter up my calendar view of the day.

Here is a brief overview of how i use org-mode to solve (workaround?) the
issue you raised :

- I use a "NEXT" state for the next actions (i admittedly suppose most of
  the next actions should be done on ... today)

- Tags are only related to the context or the /kind/ of actions (:work:,
  :home: or :reading:, :writing:), making it easy to know what i can do
  depending on what i want to do

- I manually order the NEXT actions within a project so that they appear in
  the right order in the agenda view

- I manually order the project themselves (either within a file or by using
  C-c [ and C-c ]) so that projects appear in the right order

- I schedule a task iff it has to be done on a specific day.

Hope this helps, regards,

--
Bastien