Re: [Orgmode] radio transmit links across files

From: Eddward DeVilla
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] radio transmit links across files
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 10:39:39 -0600

On 3/8/07, Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> wrote:
I don't think you can do this in font-lock.  Font-lock has many clever
mechanisms to defer font-locking of stuff that is not currently on the
screen
etc, but the current line is always done immediately, I think.

I figured as much.  It's not worth it then.  At least not for me.

The problem with your proposal is also that you may be inserting or
deleting characters in the middle of a word, and a whitespace-based
approach would not work then.

I figured hooking whitespace as well as movement would catch it.  So
you type or delete inside a word and then reposition the cursor some
how (arrow keys, search, C-e, mouse, etc.) then recheck the line you
were on when you started to move.  I don't know if that would be
possible to catch cursor movement.  There would probably be corner
cases with string-insert-rectangle, search and replace and other
operations that perform automated edits.

In any case, if font-lock can't support it, I don't think it would be
worth it to DIY it.

Edd