[Orgmode] Re: table.el and org.el

From: timotheus
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: table.el and org.el
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 22:40:35 -0500

"T. V. Raman" <address@hidden> writes:

> I hadn't realized org-mode-map did its own rebindings; that
> should be sufficient in terms of clues for me to trace this down.

Hi. Were you able to solve the issue of the missing `table.el' bindings while
in org-mode? I am experiencing the same difficulty.

With Emacs CVS pretest (22.0.92) both the included CVS `org.el' and the latest
release of `org.el' cannot edit `table.el' tables correctly.

After a `C-c ~', the `table.el' table is created and table bindings are in
effect. However, after moving the point by one character, the bindings revert
to org-mode bindings. For example, C-< is no longer bound, and the table does
not auto size itself (not in fixed-width mode). Upon pressing `TAB' in the
first column of a row, `org' prints `recognizing table.el table... done' each
and every time.

An example of the issue:
+-----+-----+-----+
|some silly text |     |     |

The table never auto sizes, and once the sizing is broken, so is TAB-based
navigation.

I tried the suggests of loading `table.el' first, to no avail. Any ideas?

Thanks & regards,
-timotheus