Re: [Orgmode] Small bug and sorting suggestion

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Small bug and sorting suggestion
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 10:57:47 +0100

On Nov 20, 2006, at 10:43, Bastien wrote:

It is the org-mode buffer.  We would have something like this:

OK, I was confused by your use of the word "category" which has a specific meaning in Org-mode. You meant the difference between date, scheduled and deadline.

I will think about this.

- Carsten

(Sorted by dates only:)

,----
| * item 1
|   SCHEDULED: <2006-11-20 lun>
|
| * item 2
|   DEADLINE: <2006-11-21 lun>
|
| * item 3
|   SCHEDULED: <2006-11-22 lun>
|
| * item 4
|   DEADLINE: <2006-11-23 lun>
`----

(Sorted by dates and [implicit?] priority - i.e. DEADLINE first,
SCHEDULED second:)

,----
| * item 2
|   DEADLINE: <2006-11-21 lun>
|
| * item 4
|   DEADLINE: <2006-11-23 lun>
|
| * item 1
|   SCHEDULED: <2006-11-20 lun>
|
| * item 3
|   SCHEDULED: <2006-11-22 lun>
`----

I guess you will find some neat way to chose between the row
chronological order and the mixed chronological/priority order.

Regards,

--
Bastien