Re: [Orgmode] meta & esc

From: Tim O Callaghan
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] meta & esc
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 18:08:52 -0000 (GMT)

> I'm fine with the bindings except I don't have a meta and there are
> quite a few apps at work that seem to like Alt the way it is.  I'm
> little nervous about remapping ALT for all of X.  I haven't found a
> way to tell just emacs to consider ALT a Meta.
>
> Edd

As far as i'm aware, ESC has always been meta, especially in text mode
environments. Or at least
that has been my experience to date. Can i ask what environment this is?

Just a quick check in xemacs shows a variable called meta-prefix-char, which
may be applicable.

Not sure if you know this, but one good resource for such things is the
emacswiki.
this section may apply to your situation.
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/ConsoleKeys
not this one though ;)
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/EscapeMetaAltControlShift

Tim.