Re: [Orgmode] (org-overlay-put <extent> 'display <string>) does not do m

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] (org-overlay-put <extent> 'display <string>) does not do much in XEmacs
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 19:10:24 +0100

Yes, this part is not yet XEmacs compatible, thank you for the analysis.

On Oct 31, 2006, at 14:00, Christian Nybø wrote:

I run org-clock-display, but the aggregated times aren't shown.

I believe that in XEmacs, the function org-overlay-put does not do
what the author expects it to when called with the prop argument set
to 'display.  To Emacs, a prop set to 'display has a particular
meaning, but to the XEmacs function set-extent-property it is just
another symbol.

What is a call to org-overlay-put with prop set to 'display and value
set to a string supposed to do?

The text in the buffer under the overlay is hidden and the text is displayed
instead.  The following is roughly equivalent:

  GNU Emacs:

    (overlay-put ov 'display "some text")

  XEmacs:

    (set-extent-property ov 'invisible t)
    (set-extent-property ov 'end-glyph (make-glyph "some text"))

Will be fixed in 4.53.

- Carsten

I'm running XEmacs 21.5 (beta27) "fiddleheads" [Lucid] (i686-pc-linux, Mule) and
Org-mode version 4.52

thanks,

Christian