Re: [Orgmode] Org-mode usage and concept mapping.

From: David O'Toole
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Org-mode usage and concept mapping.
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 08:57:28 -0400

Alex Bochannek <address@hidden> writes:

> It seems to me that there is a fair amount of GTD, task scheduling,
> and project tracking usage. Some mention of note taking and very
> little of traditional outlining, it seems.

I use the outlining heavily to outline and structure documents and
projects with many parts. Few of my TODOs are first-level headings.
headings... they're always two or three or four stars in. But I have a
friend who makes big files with TODOs all as first-level
headings. There are many ways to use org-mode :-)

I also use Carsten's outline-magic.el (which feels like org-mode with
its visibility cycling) to organize and get overviews of source code
in my emacs lisp projects.

Side question: Carsten, did you get a chance to integrate my bugfix
into the version of outline-magic available on your site? I still use
a locally fixed version, but i think others might like to have their
source code cycle like orgmode buffers do.

> Concept1
> |    Link1
> |        Concept2
> |        |    Link2
> |        |        Concept4
> |        Concept3
> |        |    Link3
> |        |        Concept5
> |        |        Concept4

Interesting.

Couldn't the links be modeled with org-mode tags and just make
everything headings? Um, it'd be postfix notation but at least it
could work I think... see below. This could possibly be processed and
exported into a map, or even a diagram for GNU Pic or something.

---------------------------------------
Concept1
        Concept2                :link1:
                Concept 4       :link2: