Re: [Emacs-orgmode] Org mode as contact DB/Log ?

From: Xavier Maillard
Subject: Re: [Emacs-orgmode] Org mode as contact DB/Log ?
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 09:07:04 +0200

2006/8/28, Charles Cave <address@hidden>:

Xavier,

I have no idea what a BBDB file is but I do use org-mode to manage my contacts.

BBDB is  a poweful contact manager with  many features and possibility to use its data from many other emacs mode.

Each contact is a heading then I keep information with one data field
per line identified with a letter. This is useful for generating compact printouts
for my planner folder.

This is how I would do it too but I need to think more about that.

This is of high interest for me except I need something that can interact with mail-mode and things like that. In fact I really need something to replace my current BBDB setup and thus be able to mail a contact, do linking from a contact to an org file, ...

Regards
--
Xavier Maillard