Re: [Emacs-orgmode] Testing org-mode 4.37 (and a few suggestions)

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Emacs-orgmode] Testing org-mode 4.37 (and a few suggestions)
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 14:26:39 +0100

> I don't understand the second point.  In what situation is there no
> global C-x key?  While Org-mode is waiting for the key after `C-c
> C-e'? In this situation no command keys are available at all, so you
> need to press a key for a command, or C-g to abort.
>
> Am I misunderstanding something?

No you're right.  I wasn't aware that command keys were not available
at all in this situation.

>>   Maybe C-u C-u C-u C-c C-l is okay ?
>
> Hmm.  3 prefix args....  Nobody is going to use this.

For me, if the 3 prefix args just temporarily turn on/off the global
value of `org-keep-stored-link-after-insertion', i think this is not
such a pain.  But maybe a history is better.

> You mean a default for what will be inserted for the second pair of
> []? There are default for some links, but not for all.  I'll check if
> we can have more.

The page title for w3m links would be great - for example.

> I guess this could also be called narrow-to-subtree, and be written
> as.

Yes. IMHO, this ought to be part of Org.  I've removed it from my
piece of code to avoid confusion.

Regards,

--
Bastien