Re: [Emacs-orgmode] table.el and org.el

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Emacs-orgmode] table.el and org.el
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 13:29:58 +0200

I have never closely looked at how table.el works and how it creates and installs its special keymap. Nor do I know what Emacs speak does.

But I can explain what Org-mode does:

Org-mode defines its own self-insert-command (org-self-insert-command). It then re-binds all keys that are assigned to self-insert-command in the *global* map. That binding takes place in org-mode-map. However, for me table.el works fine - so that means it does install its keymap correctly also in Org-mode.

To summarize - I have no idea where things go wrong.

Things to try would be to (require 'table) before org.el gets loaded, and maybe (if that if necessary) to force table.tl to built its keymap before the first org-mode file gets loaded.

- Carsten