Re: [Emacs-orgmode] Midnight and noon in agendas

From: Daniel J. Sinder
Subject: Re: [Emacs-orgmode] Midnight and noon in agendas
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 12:45:50 -0700

Carsten Dominik wrote:
> Well, if this is the way things are normally interpreted,
> then this is clearly a bug.  Thanks for explaining this to me.
> Strange system.  Switching am to pm always makes the event happen later,
> except when the hour is 12.

If 12am/00:00 is considered the start of the day, then the rule
holds -- switching 12am to 12pm makes the event later that same day,
at noon.

> Should 12am be listed as 0:00 or as 24:00?
> Should 12:21am be listed as 0:21 or as 24:21?
>
> It seems to me that the logic would be a bit better to schedule these
> show uo as 0:00 and 0:21.  If you wanted to put something at midnight at
> the end of the day you would then have to use 24:00 and 24:21.

I like this idea (allowing times at 24:00 and beyond).  The user can
place things where they want: at the start or end of the day.  As a
bonus, if you work the night shift, you'll be able to see your daily
agenda all under one date at the start of your shift.