[Emacs-orgmode] Org-mode version 4.25 released

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: [Emacs-orgmode] Org-mode version 4.25 released
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 14:05:03 +0200

Org-mode version 4.25 is released, and also up in Emacs CVS already.

Most important changes:

Version 4.25

- Revision of the font-lock faces section, with better tty support.

     following a request from Dan.

- TODO keywords in Agenda buffer are fontified.

     This was the request from David.

- Export converts links between .org files to links between .html files.

     In preparation for a publishing project.  Links from one org-mode
     file to another, like [[file:somefile.org]] will be converted to
     a reference to a corresponding .html file, assuming that the other
file has also been exported to HTML. This also works for anchor searches: If file p1.org has an anchor <<my target>> and file p2.org has a link like [[file:p2.org::my target]], then the corresponding link will also
     work between the HTML versions of both files.

- Better support for bold/italic/underline emphasis.

      You can now make *several words in a row* bold, or /italic/ or
      _underlined_, as long as these are in a single line.  Yes, I know
      this is not perfect, because line wrapping may well distribute
      this over several lines.  One step at a time.

  - Fine tuning of M-RET for inserting headlines and items

      This is based on ideas from Scott.  It now works like this:

- When you use M-RET at the end of a line, the new item/headline is created.

- If you use it in the middle of a line, the line is split and the rest of
        it becomes new headline/item.

- if you use it at the beginning of a headline or item (i.e. in the line that contains the minus or bullet), then the new item/headline is
        created *before* the current line.

- if you use it at the beginning of a normal line (i.e. not headline, and not line containing a bullet), then that line becomes the new headline/item.

Thanks for everybody's input.

- Carsten

--
Carsten Dominik