Re: [Emacs-orgmode] shell links [was: Version 4.19c]

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Emacs-orgmode] shell links [was: Version 4.19c]
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 13:47:26 +0200

On Apr 10, 2006, at 19:41, Scott Otterson wrote:

In 4.20, the minibuffer is now showing the space without the '%20', a nice touch. However, the %20 still does show up in the link text when I delete the leftmost ']'. It's just a display issue, though, because the shell link works fine.

Some characters need to be escaped in a link. For example, I have seen message ID's containing [ ] brackets, and these would mess up the regexp matching of links. A space character might lead to link being scattered over two lines, with a newline and possibly indentation in between. To avoid this, I am escaping both space and brackets. The links still work because before following a link, the escaping is reversed

- Carsten