dr-geo

[Dr. Geo] Gettext package trying to create locale directories

From: address@hidden
Subject: [Dr. Geo] Gettext package trying to create locale directories
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 20:41:45 +0200 (CEST)

 I've installed locale files manually by running the

drgeo/i18n/buildLocale.sh

script and then copying the files to one of the directories,
of

 GetTextTranslator defaultLocaleDirs

This works.

However I think the Gettext package (or the Locale) package is trying to create
(empty) locale directories by itself, or to assure their existence.

In the DirectoryEntry class there seems to be a method

assureExistanceDirNamed

and I think that method is trying to "mkdir" (make directory) the locale
directory if it does not exist.

This assumes write permission.

Would it be possible to change the Gettext and Locale packages for Cuis
(provided I think by DrGeo), so that it does not try to mkdir the locale
directory if it does not exist ?

The Gettext package can just check to see if the locale directory exists, but I
think the Gettext package should not try to create an empty locale directory if
it is absent.

Regards,
David Stes