dr-geo

Re: [Dr. Geo] drgeo smalltalk sketch

From: H. Fernandes
Subject: Re: [Dr. Geo] drgeo smalltalk sketch
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2024 13:18:42 +0200 (CEST)

Hi David,

Please consider editing the i18n/po/nl.po file to make it correct. It is the source file for the message in Dutch.

Some straing as Accept and Cancel are no in the domain of DrGeo but of Cuis. I still have to figure out how to integrate thoses message for translations.

Dr. Geo -- http://gnu.org/s/dr-geo

As in the screenshot in attach, if I set LANG=nl,
and if I use the Dutch locale,
it incompletely translates the "Select a Smalltalk sketch" title.

The title is not consistent with the "Mijn schetsen" button.

Actually I think the Dutch version of DrGeo could rather use the word 'sketch",
the English word, so instead of "Mijn schetsen" use the mix of Dutch and English,
"Mijn sketch"  (=My Sketch).

Theoretically perhaps 'Schets' is the translation of 'Sketch',
but in the context of DrGeo which saves files in the resources/MySmalltalkSketches directory anyway, the English word "Sketch" can be used in the Dutch version.

The buttons  "Voorbeelden" , "Bewerk", "Annuleren" en "Verwijderen" are clear
(and useful good translations).

Regards,