dr-geo

Re: [Dr. Geo] Please explain difference between Smalltalk Sketches and D

From: Hilaire Fernandes
Subject: Re: [Dr. Geo] Please explain difference between Smalltalk Sketches and DrGeo Sketches
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2024 15:11:00 +0200

Hi David,

As you described it perfectly there are two ways to design a sketch:

  1. By mouse and click, saved as XML file (.fgeo).
  2. By Smalltalk code, saved as source file (.st).

So Yes, in the DrGeo bundle, in the DrGeo/Resources folder you have the folder MySketches/ to save the user .fgeo files, then you have MySmalltalkSketches/ to save the user code .st files.

But in the GUI, in the SmalltalkSketchBrowser, a button is written 'My Sketches' to browse the collection of user edited Smalltalk sketches. It is confusing, the button should be named 'My Smalltalk Sketches'.

Is it that?

Hilaire

For reference.

When you open the Smalltalk sketch browser (for example with code DrGSmalltalkSketchBrowser open: DrGeoSystem smalltalkSketchesPath label: 'Browse'), you get:

gui