dolibarr-user

Re: [Dolibarr-user] Barcode canner support

From: Laurent Destailleur (aka Eldy)
Subject: Re: [Dolibarr-user] Barcode canner support
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2018 09:42:30 +0100

It is difficult to say.
If the barcode contains mention "USB-HID", it is 99.99%, if not, only testing it can answer.
My experience is that on some very expensive barcode scanner, sometimes it does not work because they are designed to be able to host and run a personalized software/program you have to develop yourself (that's why they are expensive). For such barcode probability it works, is 70%
With cheaper usb barcode (around 30 euros), probability is 90% because they are designed to be "only barcode reader", and just send the barcode like your keyboard do.

Best solution is to ask the seller if it works like a keyboard or not.